The Trip Planning Essentials™ course teaches you the importance of planning your trip, what to include in your plan, and the importance of leaving a written plan behind before you leave.
We will also cover essential gear to include in your bag/kit/pack that is relative to the environment you’ll be in, along with how to think about planning your gear in general.
Other areas we’ll discuss will include:
- Why Bother Planning?
- What To Do Before You Leave
- The “Rules of 3”
- Shelters, Hypothermia
- Finding Your Way (Map & Compass vs. GPS)
- Signaling, Personal Locator Beacons (PLB)
- Water – Collection, Filtration, Purification
- Got Fire?
- First Aid Considerations
- The Effects of Panic
- What To Do If You Become “Lost”
- and more!
Approximately 5 hours
*Under 16 years old requires parental consent and instructor approval.